Employment Opportunities | YA Realty
Thank you for your interest in employment with Young America!
If you have applied for a position, your application and resume will be forwarded to the approriate manager. If the manager is interested in scheduling an interview, you will be contacted either via phone or email.
Maintenance Technician Job Posting
A Maintenance Technician is one of a group of technicians working for one of our Maintenance Supervisors, responsible for the general maintenance, upkeep, turns and capital improvements of our properties; whether requested by the residents, property owners, or company management.
The primary customers of this position are; (1) the owners of the property - served primarily through astute management of expenses and (2) the residents of the property - served primarily through exceptional customer service.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have basic knowledge and experience in all areas of residential maintenance. • Must have no physical or health restrictions that would prohibit performing any of the position requirements. Must have the ability to climb stairs, walk, bend, twist, lift, stand and kneel.
• Must provide and maintain their own set of “tool-belt or tool-box” tools (hammer, cordless drill, tape measure, etc.) that are required to perform their job functions and duties.
• Must be able to follow oral and written instruction. • Must have a firm understanding of modern technology and internet tools.
• Must have a reliable vehicle, current vehicle insurance, and maintain a valid Illinois Driver’s License. While not required, a pickup truck or van is beneficial.
• Must be available to participate in an on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends.
• Must have high ethical standards.
• Must pass a background screening.
• Continually demonstrate the ability to affect process improvement, measure their individual performance, hold individuals and themselves accountable, and deliver products/services at or above expectations. • Excellent attendance and work ethic.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to work productively when not supervised.
• Obtain a pool-maintenance certification (provided by the company)
Examples of duties:
• Perform maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, painting, plastering, machine servicing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, electrical systems.
• Complete apartment unit turnovers in preparation for new move-ins.
• Complete resident requested service orders on a timely basis.
• Perform regular inspections of all buildings, common areas and grounds on a regular basis.
• Maintain tools and maintenance equipment to ensure they are in good working order and keep maintenance and storage areas in a clean and safe condition.
• Order appropriate maintenance supplies needed for jobs after approval from Supervisor.
• Perform painting and drywall patching as needed.
• Consult with Supervisor on major repairs, replacements and/or contracts.
• Schedule and complete preventive maintenance.
• Maintain grounds and common areas- including picking up grounds, sweeping, cleaning and light landscaping, mowing, and snow removal as needed.
• Attend meetings, training sessions and seminars as requested by Supervisor.
• Comply with all OSHA regulations and any applicable laws regarding health, safety and environment.
• Maintain working knowledge in the procedures and safety measures in each area of specialty.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Full Time – Hourly, Non-Exempt
This position is not remote and requires the employee to report to an office location, enter occupied apartments and interact with the public. Young America requires its employees to agree to and abide by all guidelines regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.
We offer full-time employees:
• Paid vacation
• Medical/Dental/Vision insurance options
• Participation in a retirement plan with employer match
Scroll through this page and see if there is an open position that is a good fit for your skills.
Don't see a one posted right now?
Fill out an application anyway and we'll keep it on file for future positions!
LIMITED TIME OFFER: New YA student residents save $250 and current student residents get up to $400 when renewing! View Now
Come join us on the Quad!
The Student Division office will be closed today for the Festival.
1505 Ensign | 2 bedroom 1 bathroom | $610/month
Please click here
For information related to COVID-19
We're here to help -- virtually!
for information about virtual tours
Our student office will be re-opening to the public for
apartment showings starting June, 13 at 11AM.
ISU Says Fresh/Soph Students Can Choose to Live Off Campus
2021-2022 Leasing Information
Open Leasing Information
Deal ends May 15th! Click Here
Super 2 Bedroom Units Are Ready To Lease!
Find out more
Only 10 days left! Renew your lease now through Sept. 24 to get up to $400!