What's New? | Young America Realty
“Unlimited” vs. “All-Inclusive” or “Green Cap”
Residents with inclusive utilities should remember that although your utilities are paid by Young America, your included energy allowance is not unlimited. You have an allowance as part of your lease. Young America does not control utility rates or the consumption behavior of our residents.. If your utility bills for the year exceed your allowance, you will be billed for the excess.
Tips for Saving Energy:
- In the summer months, the air conditioner's thermostat should not be set any lower than 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Likewise, the settings should not be any higher than 68 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter.
- In the winter, turn your heat down at night.
- Turn your heat down when you leave the apartment for an extended period of time (Christmas break, or weekend away). DO NOT TURN YOUR HEAT BELOW 50 DEGREES WHEN YOU LEAVE IN THE WINTER. YOUR PIPES WILL FREEZE AND FLOOD DAMAGE (OFTEN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS) WILL BE REPAIRED AT YOUR EXPENSE!
- Make sure doors and windows are closed when the heat or air conditioning is in use
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room
- Hot water for showers uses considerable energy. Try to limit your shower time
- Shut off your computers and televisions when not in use.
- Turn off kitchen, bath, and other exhaust fans within 20 minutes after you are done cooking or bathing. These fans take the air you’ve paid to heat/cool and move it outside
- During the cooling season, keep the window coverings closed during the day to prevent solar heating in your apartment
- Replace light bulbs with Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL’s)
- Many appliances continue to draw a small amount of power when they are switched off. These "phantom" loads occur in most appliances that use electricity, such as DVD players, televisions, stereos, computers, phone chargers, and kitchen appliances. These phantom loads can be avoided by unplugging the appliance or using a power strip and using the switch on the power strip to cut all power to the appliance.
Call Your Maintenance Number if:
- You have a leaking faucet, or if you notice the water filling a toilet tank runs continuously
- You feel a draft near doors, windows, or wall air conditioning units. Sealing drafts will keep your conditioned air from escaping. Maintenance will caulk or seal drafts at no cost to you.
This content here.
Come join us on the Quad!
The Student Division office will be closed today for the Festival.