Young America Blog
Our Fav. Local Restaurants for Date Night
With Valentine’s Day falling on a Tuesday this year, we are sure everyone is looking for somewhere nearby campus to spend a special night, with their special someone! Although Bloomington may not be your destination of choice for a romantic evening, there are a lot of hidden gem restaurants that many may not know about!
If you and your date have trouble settling on a place to eat because you both are always craving …
As soon as the countdown is finished, people begin spouting off how they’re going to change in the
upcoming year. We all know the person who has about fifteen resolutions and is completely confident
that they will follow through with every single one of them. Or the person who is wise in picking just one
resolution, but has already failed at it at least once or maybe twice. And of course, there’s always the
person who claims they don’t believe in resolutions because “they are just always bettering
themselves”. Regardless, of …
Summer is quickly approaching and in order to avoid charges, we have come up with are some move-out cleaning tips:
Focus on one room at a time
- In the living room:
- Clean windows, blinds, and ceiling fans
- Vacuum carpet
- In the kitchen:
- Clean the refrigerator (but do NOT unplug it), microwave, burners, oven and
- Mop floor
- Empty out refrigerator, shelves, drawers
- In each bedroom:
- Clean windows, blinds, ceiling fans, light fixtures …
For the convenience of our tenants, Young America offers early move in. Why take a month off of campus and throw all your things in an overpriced storage rental if you don’t have to? Early move in is the same day as move out, May 7th, and the process is simple:
1. Each resident must make TWO rent payments (April and May). Regardless of whether each resident on the lease is moving in, every resident must make the payments prior to submitting the form.
2. Sign and submit the form. You cand find the form either online (http://yarealty.com/student/services/online-forms) or …
How to Get an Additional Parking Spot for the 2016/2017 School Year
Step 1: Discuss with roommates who is going to purchase the spot.
- It could be each roommate and split the cost.
- Or just one roommate to reserve the spot.
Step 2: Come into the office and we will make you aware of which spots in which lots are closest to your residence.
Step 3: Purchasing the Spot
Young America has an exciting offer for you. We are bringing back the “Refer a Friend” offer. You will get $100 for everyone you refer to Young America that signs a new student lease. See the rules below:
- Incentive available only to current/future Young America residents (sorry, IL real estate law governs this).
- Current/future residents must refer prospects to a current, past or future apartment complex (IL real estate law governs this).
- Necessary “Refer a Friend” paperwork needs to be filled out. This paperwork is available in the office.
- You and your referral/friend must be present together at lease …
Young America is offering a chance to win a smart watch. Here is how to be eligible for this opportunity.
- Sign a new lease in the student department for the 16/17 lease term.
- Post a photo to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. Tag Young America and use the hashtag #YARtheBest.
- Get a raffle ticket and write your name and phone number on the ticket.
After you have completed the following steps you are eligible to win. The winner will be picked March 1st. Winner will be able to pick the watch of their choice with a $500 budget.…
I was absolutely certain that my wife’s mammogram and biopsy last December would amount to nothing more than a false alarm. Nobody gets breast cancer at age 34. They’re just ruling it out.
Wrong. Some people do get breast cancer at age 34; and my wife Ashley is one of them.
So we’ve spent the majority of this year traveling all over, learning about the disease, learning the limits of today’s available treatments, participating in a clinical study for a new drug, and undergoing surgery. We’ve just begun her chemo treatment process, and …
We had a great time at Festival ISU. We loved seeing how excited people were to walk away with one of our shirts, long sleeves or tanks. Some were even more excited to get the tickets that we had to giveaway.
Some lucky winners received Red Alert Passes. This allows these winners to go to all football and men's basketball games. This is a great get, because the redbird football team was so great last season!
Congratulations to our other lucky winners who received tickets to the following:
- Ed Sheeran and Christina Perri - Ricky
- Cubs v. Cardinals - …
Are you ready to move into your first apartment?! Living in an apartment maybe be intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of living on your own it’s a very exciting experience. Moving in can be stressful and tiring if you are not prepared. Here are some helpful do’s and don’ts on moving into your first apartment.
Do know your move in date.
It is very important to know what day you are allowed to pick up the keys and move into your apartment. Especially if you live far away from school you don’t want to travel on …